Today, I’m sharing our March goals update and a new video inspired by something that has haunted me since my grandparents passing which has been a little over a year now. In fact, it’s something very few people even know about. To be perfectly honest, I DID NOT want to talk about this subject at all. I just wanted to gloss over it, work through it and go on about my business.
I prayed for WEEKS I would be moved to talk about something else – anything else – and yet, every time I would ask, “What should the March video be about?” the answer would almost always be the same.
I finally talked it out with my Mom where I pretty much cried the entire conversation. “How in the world am I ever going to get these words out on video if I can’t even get them out on the phone with you?” I said.
She sat quietly for a minute gathering her thoughts before she replied, “You’re going to focus on the gift of grace.”
There was something about the way she said, “Grace,” with such confidence it pulled me out of the “What-if Rabbit Hole.” You know the one I’m talking about…What if I look like a total idiot in this video? What if I cry the entire time? What if I look like I don’t have myself together? What if it starts to sound like CoCo’s Confessional Hour instead of the grace-filled encouragement I’m trying to offer? What if this is a HUGE mistake? …and on and on down the rabbit hole we go, sometimes so far, we can no longer see the light.
We’ve all been there, right?
I ultimately decided to share my story because this specific event changed me completely. Not because it was an earth shattering decision but because the minute it happened I made up my mind I never wanted to feel like that again.
You guys, busyness is not a badge of honor. It may seem like a way to “escape” having to deal with things you don’t really want to deal with like your taxes, or losing weight, or working on your marriage or cleaning your messy house, finding a way to leave the job you hate or an incredibly deep loss. Busyness will not provide long-term relief for any of those things no matter how much time you spend avoiding or how many items you accomplish on your to-do list.
But you know what does? Grace
If you’ve ever struggled to balance your to do list or your busy list consistently outweighs your blessings list and you’re ready for a change, this video is for you.
March Goals We’re Celebrating This Month:
- Keeping Sundays sacred.
- Finishing the 15K!
- Making TCG more efficient by implementing new automation processes in all areas. (Thank you, S, I know this was not an easy task)
- A big thank you to our accountant Valerie for rocking our taxes like a boss lady (even the super confusing parts).
- Making healthy eating choices, drinking more water and stewarding our finances with purpose.
- Started journaling again.
- Finishing the study of James (it was a good one). Next up, the study of Hebrews.
- Finishing the book, She Means Business by Carrie Green. Next up, Finished by Jon Acuff.
- Connect with others via random acts of kindness, family dates, one-on-one dates for brunch, lunch, dinner, coffee, trips to the bookstore, the beach, and a trip to the movies too; Participating in group projects and being available to clients.
- Welcoming Spring into our home and on the front porch!
- Creating at least one video and pressing publish on the post.
- Spending time cultivating, “The BIG Dream” and reaching out to the Beta group
I meant it when I said I want us to be in the 8% that reaches our goals this year. I fully understand there are going to be times we struggle but I also know that through the struggle we find strength.
March Video Takeaways – Four Ways to Balance Your Busy List and Your Blessings List
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Prioritize your to do list and choose the three top things to focus on each day
- Change your language by using “I get to instead of I have to”
- Stop waiting for the perfect time and choose faith over fear
Thanks so much for supporting these videos! You guys are the best and I appreciate you helping me to realize my goal of connecting with you more each month. I’ll see you guys back here tomorrow. It’s been quite a week as we’ve been working off site at Loblolly Manor. I’ll share what we’ve been up to and all of our favorite things from around the web. Until next time, I’ll see you on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.